Tuesday, February 16, 2010

Snowy Day & Hula Hoops

Hello,

Overnight oats were delish:
 
-1/3 c each oats, milk, plain 0% greek yogurt
-1 Tbsp chia seeds
Soaked overnight & topped with:
-1/2 banana
-1 Tbsp slivered almonds
-1 Tbsp granola

Lunch was leftovers, but a good mix, all heated up and topped with some extra feta cheese:
-1 square of spanokopita
-1 c brown rice
-1/2 c toasted chick peas

To make the chick peas, drain a can of chick peas & toss with a tsp or 2 of evoo, and any spices you want. I like a tsp or 2 of maple syrup, cinnamon & nutmeg. Then, spread the beans on a cookie sheet & bake at 350* for ~15 minutes. Really good, really.
After about an hour of studying muscles, I decided to go get some of my own. I headed to the gym for a Body Defined class, but when I arrived....


 
It was a hula hooping class! I didn't have a cool outfit like these ladies, but I was better that I thought I would be, and it was fun.  Abs might be sore tomorrow!

Started snowing like crazy today. The real heavy snow in huge flakes. It was cute, but I don't want any of that craziness that has shut down MD, DC & VA.




No comments:

Post a Comment