Thursday, May 6, 2010

Super Busy

Ahhhh....
I've been so busy lately! I never, ever want to have this much going on in my life ever again:
  • Planning for a big event for work (Kentucky Derby Benefit)
  • Training my replacement at work
  • Group presentation at an upcoming occupational therapy symposium
  • Semester ending/finals
  • Graduation preparation
  • Filling out paperwork & getting ready for summer & fall internships
  • Family visiting x2
  • Planning to move

  • Doctor's visits for my poor little foot
 Well, all of this is almost over. Here's some good stuff that I have snuck inbetween all the craziness:
Wheatberries mixed with plain 0% Greek yogurt & fruit

Wheatberries are really easy to make, and so good and chewy. I love adding them on top of yogurt, oatmeal and smoothies.


Ezekiel toast with almond butter and raw honey

The cinnamon-raisin Ezekiel bread is the best, but I think this picture is just regular. The breads are sprouted grains (=magical health powers) and almond butter is an important part of my life these days. Peanut butter is good, but now I am always reaching for this stuff.

Spinach with roast beef and almonds
Side of cantaloupe

This was one of those really random things you make when you are trying to use what's in your fridge. It was so good, though, I had to share. The roast beef slices were nice and salty, the cantaloupe was sweet, the spinach was healthy, and the almonds gave a nice crunch. It tasted very Italian to me for some reason, too. Great lunch, and something different.

If you haven't tried the frozen banana whip, then you have to. right now. And add vanilla wafers on top. Here's more info on wheatberries and frozen bananas.

Nice, ripe tomatoes, dressed in sea salt, black pepper, balsamic vinegar and olive oil
So simple, but so good, worth a mention. 
Veggie Omelet
I've been eating a lot more eggs lately since I've cut back on meat. They are so easy and I love 'em. I threw in all my leftover pizza toppings: bell peppers, mushrooms, onion, & spinach. The toast is Ezekiel with a smear of Smart Balance Light. Smart Balance isn't quite the cleanest food, so I try not to use it often, and eventually I'd like to stop altogether. But I have a brand new tub in my fridge....

That's all...I should be studying, because I am a mere HOURS away from being a master. of. science.


No comments:

Post a Comment